Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sweet and Yummy...

Since it seems we prepare for holidays earlier and earlier,
I wasn't surprised to see a news article about candy as I get ready for our annual Halloween party here, October 26 at 7pm.

Tuesday's "Stuff for Kids" page in the News&Record offered a Candy through the Ages column. Apparently candy has been around since the cavemen located honey in beehives and that actual candy goes back 3,500 years with the Egyptians! American colonists probably offered boiled sugar candies during their holidays in the 1600's--by the mid 1800's nearly 400 candy factories existed in the U.S. Life Savers rolled out in 1920 but my favorite is candy corn, created in 1898...what's yours?
Carol

1 comment:

Shari said...

I'm with you Carol - I love candy corn! Anytime!