Thursday, February 01, 2007

33 Reasons Why Libraries and Librarians are Still Extremely Important.

If you know me, I am usually not this self-serving--except when I talk about libraries and the state of public libraries.

Check out this posting. It is a good comparison between the Internet and libraries. Recently I did an online research class for a group of local home schoolers. I asked them to compare Google and the library. They used a lot of the standard answers (listed on the 33 Reasons post) and I was able to talk about authority and reliability. Most of the kids believed that if they saw it online, it was true.

I know the 33 Reasons posting is lighting up the biblio-blog-o-sphere (fancy talk for library blogs), but I wanted to share it with the patrons, politicians and citizens that support the Archdale Public Library.

Thanks for reading,
George

No comments: